Sunday, December 4, 2011

Giving thanks for a dream come true!!!

Well the time has arrived...I graduate from Armstrong next Saturday. I cannot describe how excited I am. I knew when I began college in Jan. 2008 that the time would pass quickly. I didn't realize how quickly it would pass though. I have to thank a few people who have made this possible for me....

First and foremost, I give the Lord all of the glory because without him, I would have never had the ability or the means to make this happen.

To my husband, wow...where would I be without you?? You have stuck with me for the last 26 years, and I will forever be thankful. Your commitment to my dream will never be forgotten. Thank you for working so hard to meet our financial obligations while I was attending school. I love you more than words could ever describe.

To my three children; LJ, Joseph, and Jennifer...you are the reason that I wanted to always be a better person. Thank you for making my life absolutely complete. All three of you have been my reason for existence. I love you all so very much. Being a mom is by far my greatest accomplishment...I may not have been perfect, but my love for you is perfect.

Lexie and Trey, your MiMi thanks both of you for all of the smiles you have put in my heart and on my face in the last couple of years. May my endeavors always encourage you both to do your very best in life. I love you two little people more than I ever thought possible to love someone!!

Michele, you are not only my sister, but you are truly the closest friend I have. You are there for me in many ways, and I will always be grateful. Thank you so much for letting me borrow your car so much in the last few months. I love you very much!!

Mom, I would not be the person I am today without you. I am glad that you are here to watch me walk across that stage next Saturday. I love you!!

Daddy, before you passed away, you were so happy that I was going to college. Thank you for helping me study via yahoo messenger. I will never forget emailing you my study guides, and then you typing out the questions via messenger to help me study. Oh how I wish you were going to be there Saturday. I know you will be watching from Heaven. I love you!!

Ginger Surrency and David Edwards, thank you both for giving me the opportunity to do my student teaching at a wonderful school, and in an amazing classroom. I will eternally be thankful for the experience.

To everyone that has offered encouragement to me in the last few years, THANK YOU!!

It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to leave a full-time job and go to school full-time. I am so thankful for this chapter in my life because I have proven to myself that when I set my mind to something I can do it. I am looking forward to what God is going to allow me to do now. I am excited about the future and thankful for the past. It has brought me to this point in my life...and I am BLESSED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment