Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Student Teaching

I am officially in my fourth week of student teaching. I am absolutely having the best time of my life. Some people may think of teaching as a job, but to me it is a calling. God put this desire to teach deep down in my soul a long time ago. I am so thankful and blessed that my calling is becoming a reality. Children need to see that teachers truly do want them to succeed and excel academically.
I am blessed to be working at Smiley Elementary school in Ludowici. My teaching mentor, Ginger Surrency, is the absolute best!! I am learning so much while working with her.
Graduation is in December, and while I am excited about graduating and moving on in my life, I am going to miss working with our precious third graders and the amazing people at Smiley. God has given me some wonderful new friends during this experience. I am excited to see what the upcoming weeks hold for me.
Basically, I am loving my life in education. I am so thankful to be able to fulfill my calling!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize you were so close to finishing up. That's great.

    ReplyDelete